Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese alternative medicine method similar in principle to Acupressure. Acupuncture is about inserting thin needles on your body’s strategic points, such as the UB 43 acupuncture point. It stimulates the energy flow (Chi) of your body for energetic balance. Because of its benefits, more people are now considering TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). According to China Health Yearbook stats, about 2.641 billion visits were recorded to TCM.
Acupuncture For Weight Loss!
Acupuncture helps you with sleep problems, backaches, headaches, depressions, nausea, anxiety, and more. One of the most important benefits of acupuncture is that it also helps you to lose weight by:
- Increasing Metabolism
- Lowering Stress
- Balancing the brain’s part that controls hunger
- Controlling Appetite
If you don’t feel ready for acupuncture currently, you can activate the following acupuncture points by massaging these acupoints with your thumbs. It’s a hassle-free process that will help you to lose weight that is undoubtedly worth a try.
1. Acupoint: Bl-43 (Other Names: Urinary Bladder-43/Gao Huang Shu/Vital Region Shu)
Bl 43 or UB 43 acupuncture point is one of the most effective bladder acupuncture points to lose weight. Moreover, it is also one of the least used BL acupuncture points among all the bladder meridian acupuncture points. According to Tan dynasty Sun Si-Miao, a famous acupuncturist, there is no disease that this UB 43/Bl 43 acupuncture point can’t treat. This is also one of the acupressure points for the immune system that you have to know.
It is located right under the fourth thoracic vertebra spinous process. Four finger width on the right and left on the spinal border of the shoulder blade (Specula). It is about halfway down the shoulder plate.
You can massage this point with the tip of your thumbs. Start by applying gentle pressure by sliding your thumb over the pressure points for two to three minutes.
- Fat Burn
- Calms your Spirit
- Clears Heat
2. Acupoint: ST-36 (Other Names: Stomach-36/Zu San Li/Leg Three Miles)It is an acupoint located in the lower part of your legs, and it’s also known as an acupoint of longevity. Almost all the acupuncturists and other alternative medicine practitioners use it, and it’s also regarded as the acupoint that treats 100 diseases.
It is located right below your kneecap between the tibia and fibula (the two bones in the leg). You can identify it about two to three inches below your knee on your leg’s outer side. You can also find it by locating a small dent between the two bones right beneath the kneecap.
It’s a small acupoint, and it’s better to use a pivoting massaging technique. Use your thumbs to rotate on the acupoint slowly.
- Accelerates Metabolism
- Eliminates Edema
- Mitigates Anxiety, Depression, and Stress
Note: This is one of the five acupuncture points to avoid during pregnancy.
3. Acupoint: Ren-5 (Other Names: The Conception Vessel-5/Shi Men/Stone Gate)This acupoint is one of the best acupoints to lose weight as it suppresses your appetite. It allows you only to take the food that your body needs. Moreover, it’s also specifically useful for women in treating infertility. Experienced acupuncturist recommends that this acupoint should not be used in females before their puberty.
CV 5 or Ren 5 is located two cun below your belly button (umbilicus) on the lower abdomen anterior median line.
You can slide your thumb over CV 5 acupoint gently to massage it. Keep in mind that this acupoint must only be massaged with light and gentle pressure.
- Suppresses Appetite
- Strengthens Kidney
- Treats breathing problems
4. Acupoint: ST-25 (Other Names: Stomach-25/Tian Shu/Celestial Pivot)
ST 25 acupuncture point is regarded as the single most effective and essential acupoint to treat a range of disorders and problems related to the intestines. It regulates and improves your metabolism and relieves you from multiple types of bellyaches.
You can find ST-25 acupoint on either side of your bellybutton at around three fingers of distance.
These acupoints are also located on your belly, where you only need to apply gentle pressure from the tips of your thumbs.
- Stimulate Gastrointestinal Peristalsis
- Boosts Metabolism
- Improves blood circulation
5. Acupoint: PC-6 (Other Names: Pericardium-6/Nei Guan/Inner Pass)
PC-6 is one of the most used and extremely famous acupoints used for vomiting and nausea. It adjusts all of the functions of your stomach and promotes the digestion process. Moreover, it’s also used for many types of chest problems.
PC-6 or Nei Guan is located on your forearm’s inner side about three fingers width below the wrist between the two tendons. To find this acupoint turn your hands around with your palm facing up.
The best way to activate this acupoint is to apply the downward force from your thumb tips between the two tendons. Consider massaging gently for about a minute to stimulate the acupoint area.
- Adjusts Stomach Functions
- Improves digestion
- Stops Vomiting
- Eliminate Nausea Feeling
- Effective acupressure for anxiety
6. Acupoint: KI-2 (Other Names: Kidney-2/Ran Gu/Nature Valley)
KI-2 or Kd-2 is yet another very important acupoint that builds your physique that allows you to lose weight quickly. It also helps women with their reproductive systems. Together with the sp 7 acupuncture point, experts used these combinations to stabilize blood sugar for diabetes.
KD-2 is located on your foot’s medial border below navicular bone tuberosity right at the red and white skin junction.
You can massage this acupoint firmly to activate this acupoint with your thumbs.
- It transforms the body to lose weight quickly
- Helps with thirst problems
These are some of the most important and impactful acupoints that will allow you to lose weight efficiently. Undoubtedly you need to control your diet and exercise, but massaging and activating these acupoints can also help in so many ways. Keep in mind that it will not directly reduce the weight and cellulite, but it’ll help your body’s metabolism, adjust gastrointestinal processes, and improve blood circulation.