Are you looking for a natural treatment for an overactive immune system? Or maybe you want to find out how to boost your immune system naturally while pregnant. Both being great questions with pretty much the same answer. All that you have to do is book a relaxing acupuncture session and absorb all of the nutrients that is has to offer—interested in finding out more about the benefits of acupuncture for the immune system? Let’s start, shall we?
Acupuncture and immune system – The benefits
On the one hand, we have traditional Western medicine that treats symptoms and not causes. And on the other hand, there is acupuncture that aims to provide relief through eliminating the root of the problem. Traditional Western medicine usually suppresses the immune system with the use of medications. Although it is a useful method, it often results in multiple side-effects. Acupuncture works by regulating the immune function. That is the only way for acupuncture to boost the immune system.
Through the stimulation of chosen acupoints, acupuncture stimulates the autonomic nervous system. In return, this results in responses in the immune system. It increases the number of white blood cells in the body. It is primarily the levels of the T helper cells that have been increased due to regular acupuncture sessions. The levels of interferon, the immune system’s messenger hormones, have been increased as well.
Acupuncture tricks the brain into thinking that an outside invader has entered the body. This, of course, does not happen as it is the acupuncture needles that are entering the body. The brain, then, works to increase the levels of T cells. These cells work to eliminate any outside invaders. Their activity is increased several days after the initial acupuncture session. By getting regular acupuncture done, such immune system issues can be prevented.
A 2015 study confirmed these findings. By stimulating the ST36 acupoint, acupuncture therapists achieved the strengthening of the immune system. This helped to reduce the risk of common bacterial and viral infections. More investigation needs to be done to confirm the exact link between acupuncture and immunity. However, there is no denying the fact that regular acupuncture benefits the immune system.
What are the acupuncture points for the immune system?
- Acupoint: GB-20 (Other names: Gall bladder 20/Feng Chi/Wind Pool) located on the back of the head. This is one of the most commonly used immune system acupuncture points. Its stimulation is thought to clear the head and calm the spirit. It also aims to protect the body against any exterior pathogen, which may threaten it.
- Acupoint: KD-27 (Other names: Shufu/Kidney 27/Shu Mansion) located about one inch below the collarbone. Along with gall bladder 20, these acupuncture points to boost the immune system are suggested to achieve great results. This acupuncture point is commonly used among those prone to upper respiratory infections such as smokers.
- Acupoint: St-36 (Other names: zú sān lǐ/Stomach 36/Leg Three Miles) located just below the kneecap. This acupoint is described as the best acupuncture point for the immune system. Its stimulation aids digestion, tones the muscles, balances the qi, especially the protective qi in the body, among other health benefits. If you want to use acupuncture for an energy boost, this is the acupoint to stimulate.
- Acupoint: LI-4 (Other names: Joining Valley/ Large intestine four/He Gu) located on the hand, between the thumb and the index finger. Using acupuncture for low immunity, the large intestine four acupoints are usually stimulated. Its stimulation can help against symptoms such as the runny nose, headache, sore throat, etc. while reducing the risk of the recurrence of these symptoms shortly.
- Acupoint: LU-7 (Other names: Broken Sequence/ Lung 7/ Lieque) located above the hand wrist. Its stimulation helps to strengthen the lungs, thus preventing infections and viruses from taking over.
Acupuncture for immunity during pregnancy
Endometriosis, miscarriage, and unsuccessful IVF are common issues that those with autoimmune disorders experience. With the proper stimulation of the acupuncture points for immunity, one can achieve a healthy regulation of the immune system. By putting your immune system in balance, a therapist can help treat any issues that result due to an overactive or underactive immune system. Acupuncture is also an effective way to treat the overactive immune system naturally. This is especially important during pregnancy since a lot of the medications commonly used in traditional Western medicine can cause horrifying side-effects to both the mother and the baby.
If you are wondering how to suppress the overactive immune system naturally, you came to the right place. Acupuncture is one of the best natural remedies for an overactive immune system. And today, we shared all the information that you need before you book your first acupuncture session ever. Allow acupuncture to put a stop to the common cold and allergy symptoms in just a few sessions.
- The Miracle Of Natural Immune Boosting Tea Recipes
- 13 Acupressure Points For Immune System That You Need To Learn Now